Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

Gratitude Project - 6th April

What a wet and rainy day!

I was so glad to be spending the morning indoors with the in-laws (I love how that rolls off the tongue!) to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday.

Mr M is one of four, and once we include spouses and children a intimate family get together is actually a feast for fourteen!!

As one of two children*, living overseas and away from extended family for much of my life - gatherings with my in-laws used to be quite intimidating and awkward. I had no idea where to sit, or who to talk to. That sounds silly to me now, but back at the beginning (nearly 12 years ago!), it was a real worry for me. Especially as I knew very early on that Mr M was a keeper, and I was so desperate for his family to like me too!! :)

These days, it's much easier. We sit around the table (wherever we damn well please!), and the conversations flow so comfortably; sometime you are part of two or three conversations!

They are my family and I love them all.

Things I am grateful for today:

1. Having such a wonderful relationship with my in-laws. I know that it doesn't always happen this way, and I am so blessed to have them as my family.

2. Having some one on one time with Mac. Sure it was at the supermarket (boring!), but we had such fun along the way. He was using a water pistol - un filled!! - to make sure that I was safe from Storm Troopers. What a thoughtful boy! :)

3. All my laundry is folded up. Some of it has been sitting in the basket for a week! Now all I have to do is put it away. Is there no end to laundry!!! When will someone invent Eco friendly disposable clothes?!

*I am lucky enough to now include a half brother, and two step-siblings both with children of their own, so my own family functions are expanding too!  :)

How many siblings do you have? Are you as bad as I am about folding your laundry??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...