Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Gratitude Project - 18th-23rd April

Well, first things first - happy belated Easter!
We don't celebrate Easter in my house, but my boys are biiiig fans of the chocolate side of things!  :)

Secondly, I had an ah-MAZE-ing night out! Here's me in the top I got from The Iconic:

It was so nice to put a face to all the names that Mr M mentions everyday... the fact that he introduced me all night as his "beautiful wife" didn't hurt either :)
But the loveliest thing I heard was, after being introduced, all his colleagues said the same thing: "whenever I ask Mr M about your kids, his face just lights up"  All together now, AWWWW!

We chatted with everyone in the pub for hours, and were then ushered onto a bus and into a nightclub - the first time I have been in a nightclub in five years! I danced and danced and danced, and was horrified when all the kids were excited to hear songs that I was dancing to when they were first released 20 years ago!
It was awesome.

Mr M and I were home at a very respectable 12.50am, not in too bad a shape. And most glorious of all was the sleep-in the next day! Once again, a big YAY for grandparents!!

On the Easter Sunday, Mr M decided that he wanted to "do something" that day, so we took a road trip up through the Northern Beaches and ended up in Palm Beach. The sun was shining and the ocean sparkling, it was stunning!
{Who doesn't love the panoramic mode on the iPhone camera!}
{Personally, I think this is one of the best photos I've ever taken!}

{The last dip in the ocean for this season}

On the Monday, Mr M and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. But given that we'd had such a epic (for us) night out, we were in no hurry to have a special "date night" for the occasion; there'll be plenty more to come, I'm sure :)

Then it was back to reality and work. Mr M is currently on a production break at the moment, which is actually fab for me; an extra pair of hands to help with the morning rush, means I get an extra 30-minutes in bed in the morning! Woo hoo!

Things I have been grateful for this long weekend:

1. The fact that it was a long weekend - four days off; one awesome night out, and hanging with my boys. Heaven!

2. The weather. I hope you had as glorious a weekend as we did!

3. Fresh flannel sheets on the bed - so comfy, so dangerous; it's a real struggle to get out of bed!

4. Family. We got to see both sides of our family over the long weekend, which meant much laughter all round. I am so SO thankful for the family I have!

What did you get up to over the long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...