Pages

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Gratitude Project - 11th - 15th April

Woah! Got a bit of catching up to do!

On Saturday, we moved the boys into Mac's old bedroom and chucked out a pile of crappy plastic broken toys, which for some unknown reason I had been holding on to. Oh man that felt good! There's still more to get rid of (to donate), but that's a job best done without children around!

On Sunday we went to my beautiful best friends housewarming party. She is amazing; not only are they in the process of renovating, but she managed to cook snacks and make delicious finger foods for 50 odd people!! I wish I had taken photos, but I was too busy stuffing my face :)

That afternoon, I went to my step-sister's place to celebrate my step-dad's birthday. She had made a Donna Hay banana cake with caramel sauce. OMFG.  I don't think I can ever exercise that cake off, but it was so SO totally worth it!

Yesterday I had to have the day off work, waiting for a tradie to come around. As he was due in the afternoon ("Sometime between 1 and 5pm"), I decided to spoil myself in the morning. I got my nails done, my eyebrows threaded and tinted and I had a hair cut! I left the shopping mall feeling like a million bucks :)

And after the tradie had been and gone, I had the ultimate experience: food shopping. With. NO. Children!! Only a parent can understand the way that feels :)

Today was back to normal, but it was all good - it's only a three day week, and same next week too!! Yay for public holidays!

There have been so many things to be grateful for over the last few days. But I'll share just this one:

There was a moment on Saturday, whilst Mr M and I were moving the cot (Warrie was trying to help, and was wedged between the wall and the side if the cot - it was freaking hilarious!), and I suddenly realised that I was happy.

Deeply DEEPLY happy.

The kind of happy that moves you to tears.

I stopped what I was doing (watching Mr M extracate Warrie from his predicament), and just immersed myself in the moment.
I let all that happiness wash over me, I let the tears prick my eyes, I let my heart be flooded with joy. And I relished in it.

So, I am grateful for that moment of happiness.
And I am grateful that I was aware of what was happening, and was able to grasp that moment with both hands and to really truly experience being happy. 

What was the highlight of your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...