Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Gratitude Project - 9th February

So I've had a couple if nights off - not going to lie, I was a bit tipsy both nights and gratitude journaling wasn't high on my list of things to do!

So I'm going to cram it all into the one post; nine things I've been grateful for this weekend:

1. A double whammy tickle fest on Friday morning. Getting both my boys into hysterics at the same time was possibly more fun for me than it was for them... But it's a tight call :)

2. A Friday lunchtime run. With one thing and another this week, my run was only the second decent bit of exercise I did all week. It was hard, but felt awesome :)

3. Home delivery - no cooking and no washing up... A perfect Friday evening in my mind!!

4. A sleep in til 7.10am. Thank goodness for husbands who wake up early all the time!

5. A trip around IKEA with my Boys. Crazy? Possibly. A ton of fun? Surprisingly yes! I had the most beautifully behaved boys in the store (I think all the delighted smiles of the other customers was proof). We laughed and measured our way around the store... And I walked out with a fabulous pink armchair! Double win!!

6. Wonderful friends. We had dinner with our close friends Saturday night. It was so good to see them, to have entertaining adult conversation and to watch the kids all play together. There may or may not have been a couple if glasses of champagne and a delicious tequila cocktail consumed... But I think the bbq'd pineapple pieces dipped in chocolate were my highlight of the evening!

7. Colour Run!! Today I met with two of my Mums Group friends and we had a ball doing the Colour Run. I came home covered head to toe in coloured powder, and with a huge grin on my face. Spending time with my friends is something I really want to focus on this year. Connecting with these people is doing my heart (and head!) the world of good

8. Playing in the back yard with my Boys. Their laughter is delightful and infectious. And watching them run around and playing with each other makes my heart sing. These kids are utterly breathtakingly beautiful.

9. Dinner. BBQ steak with mashed potatoes and a bacon and kale salad.
Oh em gee. It. Was. Divine!!
Sometimes, I truly amaze myself in the kitchen ;)

How was your weekend? What was a highlight for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...