Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Gratitude Project - 11th February

On my way home from work, there was an accident in a two lane tunnel that I usually drive through. One of the lanes was closed. 

I was going to continue on as per usual, but then I was passed by an ambulance and a police car in quick succession. I decided that I didn't want to drive past an accident that required an ambulance, so I turned off the motorway.

Shortly after I turned off, I was passed by two more ambulances and two more police cars. Then I heard on the radio that it was an accident with a semi trailer and a mini bus, and six people had been injured. I was so relieved that I had chosen to turn off. Driving past such an accident would have been awful.

I haven't watched or read any news since I got home, so I don't know how serious the injuries were. I hope everyone involved was ok. 

But hearing about the accident made me think about my gratitudes for today:

1. A bit obvious, but I am grateful that I had a safe journey home from work.

2. I am grateful that I got to hold my boys tight and run around a playground with them this evening. I hope that the six injured people were able to hold their loved ones tonight.

3. Every evening, but more so tonight, I am grateful that my Husband came home safe.

Life is fleeting. In an instant, things can change drastically.

Hold your loved ones tight.
Be kind and gentle to others.

Above all, be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...