Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Gratitude Project - 18th and 19th February

I write these little snippets of my day on my mobile in bed every night. Somehow baring some of my soul on the screen on a phone is less daunting that when sat at the computer - who knows the logic behind that!

Of course, this can mean that I miss a night or two because I just can't keep my eyes open a moment longer. As was the case last night. 

Today, my brother and his family flew in from the UK. We've not physically seen each other in just over two years - thank goodness for facetime, otherwise I would have forgotten what he looks like!

I surprised him by joining my mum and step-dad at the airport to meet him. I was 45-minutes late for work, but it was absolutely worth it!!

I love airports; the smell of excitement as people are getting ready to go on adventures (or is that just the jet fuel!?); the smiles on peoples faces when they see loved ones arrive; the sadness when the part ways at the departure gate... I find it such a melting pot of emotions that are infectious.

Today, whilst waiting for my bro and his family, Mum and I saw two girls scream at each other from opposite sides of the arrival gate and run towards each other (still squealing in joy) with huge grins on their faces. And then the dissolved into tears as they hugged, and looked each other over and laughed, and talked a mile a minute. Their joy was palpable, and nearly everyone in the area stopped to watch the reunion.

Mum and I couldn't help but cry along with them; they were just so happy to see each other, and that unbridled love and joy..., well like I said it's infectious.

Anyhoo. I've international visitors are here for a good three weeks, and I'm taking some time off work to hang out with them as much as possible - I can't wait!!! :)

If you've made it this far (and well done if you have, it is a bit of an essay!), here are the things I've been grateful for yesterday and today:

1. My work bestie - she can always make me laugh when I need it the most... And just because!

2. Lunch date with my step-dad. We eat junk food and talk about everything; whether it's attempting to solving each other's problems or world peace, we cover most subjects.
He's another person who's good for my soul.

3. That first moment when the boys see me at daycare when I pick them up. They both drop everything and run over for a kiss and a cuddle. It makes my heart sing.

4. My brother's safe arrival. It was the first time I've met my youngest nephew, I can't wait to spend more time with him!

5. Hubby, for taking the kids to daycare this morning so I could go to the airport. 

6. An early evening rainbow at the end of a very rainy afternoon:

Who was the last person you met at the airport? Did you cry? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...