Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Gratitude Project - 13th February

Last night I dreamt that Neil Patrick Harris took me out on a date. Not on a date date (I obviously have the wrong equipment for his tastes!), but just he took me out for some fun. 

We went to a play, and then he took me to some roof top bar on a sky scraper, where I sat in an awesome black leather recliner with my cocktail in hand (ahhh, the magic of dreams!).

Then just as I was wondering where NPH had got to, he appeared next to me and smiled. He had affixed little diamonds to his eye teeth so that when he smiled, his teeth sparkled; like the pretend sparkle they sometimes put on a tv show. 

He started to perform a Broadway number, and I was laughing in that really joyful way that you do when someone cares about you, and they surprise you with something so unexpected and delightful that your only response is to laugh.

Then my youngest woke me up. I have no idea what show tune it was. But I woke up smiling, on my face and in my heart. 

The dream stayed with me all day. It was like NPH (my brain???) was trying to show me that even though I feel low, I can still find joy; I can still have fun; I can still laugh in a way that does wonders for my soul...

I don't really understand why it would be him in my dream. I've not seen NPH on TV for months. I recently started following him on Instagram and he showed up in my feed a few days ago... Maybe that's where it came from? 

However/why-ever it happened that way, I feel like I want to email NPH and let him know that in some small, random and ever-so-slightly surreal way,he has worked a little bit of magic into my day. And reminded me of the unlimited joy that can happen if I just let it.

Ok, back to the gratitudes (although it should be stated, I am so hugely grateful for that dream!!). 

Today I am grateful for:

1. I am doing a First Aid course today and tomorrow, and today we looked at resuscitation and choking. And we learnt about what to do with kids. I am so grateful that I am relearning these things (my last course was three years ago), I hope to goodness I never have to use it on my boys, or any child for that matter!, but at least I have the knowledge.

2. Lunch with two of my colleagues. Both of whom make me laugh! They are awesome ladies who really brighten up my days.

3. Clean sheets on the bed. Need I say more?!

Have you ever had a dream that changed your mood/outlook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...