Pages

Monday 7 November 2016

Gratitude Project - 7th November

I've been finding Monday's such a draaaag these last few weeks - probably because of the time of year, and the general exhaustion I think nearly everyone feels around now.

But every three months, I have to attend a two-hour meeting that seems to make the day infinitely longer. And then I have to experience it again when I write up the minutes; like it's not bad enough that I had to live through it the first time....

Today's meeting was in a room over looking a communal area, with a gorgeous jacaranda in the corner. Have I ever told you how much I love jacarandas?

I'm also excited that Mr M is home today. I love the solo time when he goes (trashy tv is my favourite!), but I love snuggling with him more, and I can't sleep without him... oh, that is almost vomit-inducing HAHAHA

Things I am grateful for today:

1. A summer breeze. There's a smell about summer, and an excitement that comes with it. Even though I'm a lifetime out of school, the smell of summer makes me think of looong school holiday and the joy of youth/young adulthood....

2. Chocolate. About an hour before my meeting this afternoon, I realised that I was going to need an energy boost. Now I could have been sensible and had a banana or some other healthy option.... but I ended up with a twix and a cuppa. It was perfect.

3. Leftovers! Even though Mr M was away last night, I (reluctantly!) made dinner as if he were home. And tonight, I reaped the benefits! A delicious dinner with next to no effort - my favoutire kind of meal!

What's your naughty go to snack - please don't let me be the only person who hits the chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...