Pages

Thursday 3 November 2016

Gratitude Project - 3rd November

Around this time of year, I start to flag... it's like I've been happy, cheerful, bubbly and funny (well, I think so at any rate hahaha!) for the last 10 months and I just don't have the energy to maintain the charade any more. It doesn't help that the end of the year is the also one of the busiest times at work.

Anyone else feel this way?

It seems exceptionally unfair that this happens just as I should be full of joy and energy in the lead up to Christmas!

That being said, it's not all doom and gloom! Despite my general world weariness and a desire to be on holiday (only 7 weeks to go!), I'm actually starting to feel a bit excited for the festive season... Mr M is pretty happy, as I am normally a bit "bah, humbug" about the whole Christmas thing. I put it down to the kids - I just want to make the day as magical as I remember it being in my childhood.

Anyhoo - on to my gratitudes for today:

1. A lunchtime run in the glorious sunshine! With summer just around the corner, I'm enjoying the ability to still run in a temperature that won't melt me :)

2. Watching my Boys play t-ball. I'm thrilled to have found a sport that they both enjoy, not to mention are good at! We have training on a Thursday evening, and afterwards Mac and Warrie love to watch the senior team in their training session - they've only been playing for six-weeks, but already they look up to those guys... it's so cute to watch.

3. Etsy; I love the virtual window shopping!! Currently I am indulging myself some cross stitch, and am readying to embark on the thrills of embroidery... that doesn't sound too "old" does it??? hehehe
I can literally spend hours scrolling through kits, patterns and finished products. My favourites are the modern ones - I've finished two Christmas designs, and I am on the search for something new to get my teeth into.
When I think about my lack of interest in anything crafty this time last year and I see how far I've come. Now THAT'S something to be grateful for!

So tell me - what's being going on with you? What has made you grateful today?

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...