Pages

Friday 4 November 2016

Friday Feels - 4th November

It seems that the Mindfulness Meditation course that I attended through work last month has had a bit of an impact on me.

I'm practising the art of being in the moment whenever I remember - which is surprisingly happening more often that I thought! It's not a walk in the park yet, but I am becoming better about being mindful of moments, thoughts and feelings; and to be accepting of them.

With that in mind, I'm throwing myself back into my feeeelz online too... So welcome back to Friday Feels; going through my week one sense at a time.


Hearing:

This is such a beautiful song - lyrically and musically - and it holds a special place in my heart.
It reminds me of someone whose passing profoundly changed me and my outlook, even though we were not much more than acquaintances.


Seeing:

Jacaranda trees!! Here's one I snapped on my run yesterday.
Along with frangipani's, these are my favourite tree - not only are they my harbinger of spring, but the colour of the flowers make my heart so happy. 
One day, when I'm all growed up and have a house of my own, I will have my own jacaranda to bliss out under.... most likely with a gin and tonic in hand :)


Tasting:
I've been exploring my culinary skills for a while, and have discovered a delish dish called Shakshuka... OMG, it is sooo goooood!
The paprika, the chorizo, the eggs.... *wipes away the drool*
I guess I know what I'm making for dinner tonight!


Smelling:
A colleague a work has recently occupied the locker next to mine. She has a lemongrass scented soap that smells exactly like a body spray I used to have as a teenager in the UK.
The added bonus is that it makes my locker less offensive to the nose when I open it up! HAHAHA


Touching:
I'm trying my hand at terrarium growing, which is pretty big for a self-confessed gardening hater and plant killer - I killed a drought resistant plant last year!!

So I've been getting my hands dirty with potting mix... and surprisingly, I've enjoyed the process!

Mr M has been charged with trawling ebay, looking for little figurines for me to put in it; whilst I am keeping my eyes peeled for new jars/bowls/anything to create my next little green oasis.




Let me know some of the things that have tickled your senses this week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...