Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Not the best day on record....

*~*  language warning  *~*

One of my favourite childhood books, and so apt for today! Just substitute "Melissa" for "Alexander"...
Today has been a shitty day.

I am juggling full-time work with full-time mothering. For the last year, since I came back from maternity leave it has been a struggle, but I have coped.

But in the last two weeks, for some unknown reason, I have become a bit of a ball dropper.

Mostly, the dropped balls have been very minor.

Unfortunately, the thing that I dropped the ball on today was unable not quite so minor. Nor could it be resolved.

Fortunately, I have quite possibly the best boss in the world, so she sort of talked me off the ledge; and reminded me that everything is fixable.

I also have some fantastic colleagues who were happy to listen to my near hysterical "oh fuck, what do I do now" rant.

And I have my amazing Husband who, when I called him at work, almost in tears and said "I've dropped the ball, it's not the first time. I think I've really fucked up and I don't know what to do...", replied with a "Everything will be fine Babe. It's probably not as bad as you think. And when you get home I will be there to give you a big cuddle."

Ok, he didn't say the last bit. But I know that it was exactly what he meant - one of the joys of being with someone for so long; sometimes you don't always have to use words.

There is also some delicious red wine waiting for me at home too, which helps.

So today has been a bad day, but there is still plenty of time for it to get better!!

{image 1, 2}

Who do you turn to when you've dropped the ball?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...