Pages

Monday 8 August 2011

I heart my family!

Oh what another wonderful weekend!
I’m not sure what has changed, but the last few weekends have been such a fun filled family time. And at the end of those weekend, on the Sunday nights, as Husband and I lay in bed we look at each other and say “I have had a GREAT weekend”
This weekend we played in the park with the Little Monster’s cousins, and fed ducks with the grandparents. We went for a walk around the block. We had a family “Masterchef Finale” dinner with the in-laws, and the Little Monster was spoilt for choice of where to get his cuddles (and chocolate!) from. And we had a kajillion family cuddles – the best kind in my mind!  J
It’s funny when I think back to what a great weekend entailed for us in our previous life; meeting up with friends, copious amounts of alcohol, lots and lots of laughter and a sleep in.
These days, it would seem that a great weekend for our family requires the following; meeting up with family or friends preferably in a large child friendly space, copious amounts of children’s paraphernalia strewn all over the floor, lots and lots of laughter and an early night.
This will sound strange to say, but I finally feel like we are a proper family – we do things together, we have conversations (some more one sided than others!),  we enjoy each other’s company and we have fun as a family. Maybe it’s because Husband is no longer working on weekends. Or maybe it’s because the Little Monster has reached an age where we can interact and actually interact, if that even makes sense
Or maybe it’s because I am starting to find my role as A Mother to be more rewarding, and it’s starting to feel a little bit easier.
Yes there are always challenges, and there are often moments of “arrrgh!”, and I know that there will be plenty more!! But more often than not, when the Little Monster looks at me with his big blue eyes and says “More {insert word} Mumma. Pease?” I think to myself, Isn’t this fun? Aren’t you glad you’re his Mummy?

And you know what? I most certainly am!!

Pics - 1 and 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...