Pages

Thursday 25 August 2011

The day I (sort of) became a housewife

For the first time in my life, I did something housewifey.

Today I woke up with the overwhelming urge to make lemon and sugar crepes. Not sure what prompted the urge (I haven't made crepes for years!!), but figured I should just run with it... anyway, it would be a lovely treat for the Little Monster.

So I googled a crepe recipe - thank goodness for iphones!! - and set about making a culinary delight for the family.

Husband came into the kitchen shouting "Who are you and what have you done with my wife!?!!"
Oh ho ho, such a funny man.

But to be fair to him, it is the first time in almost 9 years that I have ever made crepes for breakfast, and on a workday at that!

They weren't very attractive crepes (hence not using my own photo), but they were yummo! I gave the Little Monster half a crepe with jam (didn't think it would be nice to give him to the daycare lady all hyped up on sugar).... he had a mouthful, but wasn't impressed.

However, when he had a mouthful of Husbands sugared up crepe, his eyes lit up and I could almost see the sugar rush happen before my eyes.... So daycare lady; sorry about the hyperactive child this morning, I hope his come down wasn't too intolerable.

What deliciousness have you surprised your family (or yourself!) with?

{image 1}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...