Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Introductions


Welcome back, it’s good to see you  J
I guess I’ll kick off the introductions:
Hi! My name is Melissa. I’m a 30-something, recently married, mother to a gorgeous little boy and a crazy cat.
I somehow manage to balance being a full-time employee with being a full-time mum; and I will admit that the housework was the first to suffer. But as long as I get to enjoy most of my weekends with my little family, I don’t really give two hoots about trying to be a perfect housewife (so I guess my profile picture might be more than a little misleading!)
NB – I actually really REALLY want to be a housewife; y'know, the type that always has a clean home that smells good because there is something yummy baking in the oven. But apart from the fact that I work full-time (out of financial necessity, not desire!), I also think that I am not really that type of person... But who knows. Maybe there is a housewife hiding inside this slob!! Or maybe one day the magic housewife fairy will visit me and I will wake up being a regular Stepford wife! But I digress... (and I do that a lot too)
Our Little Monster (our son, not the cat) is almost 2 years old. He is a constant source of amusement and delight to my husband and I; with a healthy dose of “annoying” thrown in for good measure. His favourite saying at the moment is “oh come on!” – which works on a surprising number of levels, with any number of inflections of tone. His favourite dish du jour is crumpets with jam or honey; any time, day or night. And his favourite past time is attempting to play games on the iPad; we consider it a good day if he asks for the “phone” a mere 30 times.

Meow-Meow, before he went completely psycho
Our cat used to have a name... but because of the Little Monster he is now known as Meow-Meow. He is a psycho cat; I’m pretty sure if he was a dog he’d be required to be muzzled at all times. I constantly have scars on my arms from the scratches and bites that he has “lovingly and playfully” administered. And yet, he has the patience of an almost-saint with the Little Monster... which is probably why he goes mental with us – he’s releasing all of his pent up anger. Don’t get me wrong, he’s swiped at the Little Monster – despite our repeated warnings to the poor kid – but not with the same level of malice he reserves for us.

My husband and I were married in April this year; on the Thursday before the Easter long weekend. And because the Anzac Day holiday was on the following Tuesday, it meant that our guests had a super extra long weekend! Aren’t we a thoughtful couple  J
A post dedicated to the proposal/wedding will come along soon; I don’t want to overwhelm you with too much too soon!

Well I’ve told you a little about me, and over the course of this blog you will learn so much more about me (maybe even a little too much?!??)
Now the ball is back in your court; and you are....?  J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...