Pages

Friday 19 August 2011

I love equal love

Now I'm not one to get involved in political broo-haha's; more often than not it's because I don't know what I'm talking about!

But this one just cuts too close to home.

bigwords is a blog that I (literally!) discovered this morning, and she recently posted about equal love. I thought was a wonderful post and absolutely mirror's my own thoughts on same sex relationships.

She also created this button:


A beautiful relative of mine is gay, and our marriages were only weeks apart.... execpt mine was recognised as legal, and hers was not.

Hardly fair.

We share the same feelings of love towards our partners, we want the same things from our relationships. Why should it matter that the person she loves is another woman? Why should it stop her from being legally married?

As bigwords so eloquently said, "Love is love is love."

So, I am adding this button to my blog - as a small way of showing my support for the gay community, and for their fight for equal love.

Peace out x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...