Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Oh how I wish I drank coffee

I am a bleary eyed Mother today... and it's all my own fault.

Way back when the Little Monster was a wee thing (about 3 months old), he miraculously slept for the first time. I shared this joyous occasion with my mum's group, with all the energy and the smile of a new mother who has finally had some decent sleep.

As punishment for what he considered to be "showing off", the Little Monster spent the next week making sure that I woke up every two hours; feeding, cuddling, nappy change, singing, shushing - he wanted the lot.

So a month later, when he again slept through, I thought oho! I know this game. I'll keep my mouth shut until I am sure this is a regular occurrence. We had three nights in a row of solid sleep; I thought three nights meant it was his new schedule.

So once again, I bounded into my mum's group full of energy and a great big smile. And once again, I was punished for my naivety.

Lesson learnt; no more discussing my son sleeping habits.

Oh how quickly we forget...

Yesterday, I had an email from a work friend who is on maternity leave with her first child. She was desperately tired, and asked me how old the Little Monster was when he slept through.

I cheerfully replied that our Little Monster was a bit slow in the "regularly sleeping through department" (I call regularly at least 3 times a week, and he was about 15-months), but that now we usually get five full nights a week.

Apparently, I was showing off again.

Last night, the Little Bugger Monster had me up three times, before I finally gave up and fell on the sofa, Monster in arms. He, of course, slept like a log; a fidgeting, snoring, tyring-to-stick-his-hands-in-mummy's-bellybutton log.

Which meant that I didn't.

As I said, all my own fauly really.

Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...