Pages

Friday 2 May 2014

Gratitude Project - 30th April - 2nd May

I've known for a while, but I am finally admitting it to the world.... Along with being a procrastinator, I am not a finisher.

For example, in January I embarked on a 30-day squat challenge; the end goal was to complete 175 squats in one go. Not particularly hard, I do squats almost every day in my fitness classes, and I had 30-days to build up to it.

But here we are at the beginning of May and I STILL have four days left to do.
{image credit}

Mr M calls me "Half-a-job-Harry":
Housework? Yeah, it'll get done, but the vacuum will probably sit in the bedroom for another two days...
Laundry? I'll wash and dry the clothes, but the folding? It's has been known for the clean laundry to sit on the sofa unfolded for two weeks...
Washing up? Well we have a dishwasher, and I am actually pretty good about loading and emptying it...

This rather major flaw stretches right back to primary school. We used to have project books with six or seven double page spreads that we would complete each term. At the start of every term, I would enthusiastically throw myself into the work and then by the time half-term came around, it was like pulling teeth to get me to do the work. My poor Mum!

I cannot recall ever finishing one of those books.

In fact, I can think of only three things I've finished; gestating my two children (does that even count!?), and the teeniest, tiniest cross-stitch piece for my Mum.

But that is hopefully all about to change - I have signed up to Mum's Juggling School in a bid to learn some new skills that will help me take control of my procrastination, which in turn will hopefully give me the impetus to see a job through to the end.

So I guess watch this space to see the journey! :)

Things I have been grateful for the last few days:

1. Signing up to the Mum's Juggling School, I have a good feeling about this

2. Mr M has been working away from home for a couple of nights. It's been hard to do all the parenting on my own (props to all single parents out there, you guys are freaking amazeballs!), but I've enjoyed the challenge, and the space. And I can't wait to see him tomorrow!

3. Having my exercise buddy back in the office - it's great to have someone help motivate me to actually get to the gym at lunch time!

Oh wow, I've finished my month of Gratitude... so I guess that's something else to add to my short list of completed things :)

Do you have a flaw that you're willing to share with the world? You're amongst friends here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...