Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

Heartache

Shortly after pressing "publish" on my last post, I was given some devastating news; a very dear friend of mine had given birth to a stillborn.

At the same time as I was bemoaning the (very insignificant) fact that I was struggling to find balance in my life, my friend was struggling to understand the very heartbreaking situation that she suddenly found herself in.

So I'm taking it all back.

I am so blessed. My life is as balanced as it needs to be.

I came home from work this afternoon and held my son close. I wept at the unfairness of life.

I sobbed at the sadness of a life lost; a baby, a life that hadn't even officially begun.

I cried for all the firsts that won't be experienced, for the hopes and dreams that have been so cruelly crushed.

My heart and soul aches for my beautiful friend and her husband.
I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that they are feeling.

Whatever you believe in; if is the Universe, angels or prayers... Please send light, love and strength to two wonderful people whose world has been tragically turned upside down today.

Thank you
xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...