Pages

Saturday 3 September 2011

A Father's Day post

I may have mentioned it before (I do tend to repeat myself!) but I am a very lucky lady.

I am blessed to have three men in my life that I can call my Fathers; my Dad, my step-Dad and my Father-in-Law.

My Dad lives overseas and my step-Dad is on a well deserved holiday, so I won't be able to see them on what Husband calls "The Best Day Of The Year".
(I will get to see my Father-in-Law for a hug, thankfully, and I can't wait to see his face when he reads the card I got!)

This Father's Day, as I watch Husband and the Little Monster laugh and cuddle and play together, I want to share my gratitude for these wonderful men; so I am dedicating this post to the father figures in my life.

They have loved me and supported me through all sorts of crises (real and imagined - I'm looking at you 15-year old tormented drama queen self!)

When I have reached a cross roads, they have all held my hand whilst I made a decision. They have offered advice when it has been most needed, and have never tried to force me to make a decision before I was ready.

Between them, they have celebrated all of my triumphs in life; from taking my first step, to passing exams, from ending a relationship and moving half way around the world, to giving birth to my son.

All three of these men love me unconditionally, and all three of these men have helped me become the person I am today.

Without them, my life (I!) would be very different.

So, Happy Father's Day gentlemen. Thank you for all that you have given me and for everything else yet to come!

{image credit}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...