Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Gratitude Project 3 - 16 April 2015

It starts off with a long weekend away without writing.

Then it becomes a bit longer and hella embarrassing - I've put it out there that is want to start something to connect with people and yet I'm not taking part??

Finally it is 14 days later and has become something that I avoid, and the feeling of shame and embarrassment has grown to such huge proportions that I can't even face thinking about where to start....
But of course, the best thing to do is to just DO it, write something, ANYTHING.

So here are some of the things I have been grateful for during the last two weeks:

Having an abridged conversation about mental health with Mac; he heard me talking to my counsellor to cancel my appointment (I was home sick) and asked me who "Emily" was. I told him that she is someone that I talk to when all the thoughts in my head become too much for me, that talking to her helps me sort out my thoughts and feelings so I can be a happier mummy to him and Warrie. Not sure if he fully comprehended it all, but I've opened the door to him understand in that sometimes might need to talk to someone to help clear your head - and that it is ok if you do need help.

Whilst I was home sick Mr M and I were hanging out a load of washing when we heard a splash in the next door neighbours pool and their dogs barking like crazy. Thinking that one of the dogs had fallen in and couldn't get out, Mr M vaulted over the fence and ran to the pool. There was a dog in there, but it was trying to get hold of the rabbit, that belongs to our neighbours on the other side, who had made his way into their garden and fell in the pool trying to get away from the dogs. My heroic hubby saved the rabbit and introduced himself to the Pool Neighbour, who was understandably horrified to find a 6'3" man wandering in his garden! But once explanations were made they were soon chatting like old friends.

My Family. I spent two weekends with my folks in the Southern Highlands, the second weekend was for my stepdad's birthday and all the family came too. Spending time with my family really fills my heart with happiness and joy, and it was an absolute delight to share a mild sunny autumn day celebrating the birthday of the family patriarch.

My darling boys, Mac and Warrie. They are such snuggly and cuddly boys, and as the nights are becoming cooler the cuddles are becoming longer... I try to make the most of these cuddles as they are both growing up waaaay too fast, and I want to hold on to these precious moments for as long as I can.

Mr M. He's such an inspiration! About a month ago, Mr M took the bold and brave step of quitting his job to become a freelance photographer. As I watch him pouring in time and thought and effort into his new adventure I see his passion grow, and the joy he gets from being creative is delightful. He is even encouraging my budding photography interest and allows me to actually *gasp* use his amazeballs camera! One of the biggest compliments he has paid me was when he recently told his Dad that he thought I had a great eye for composition and what makes a good photo, needless to say I was thrilled.

I'm sorry for having been so slack the last couple of weeks, I promise to be better about keeping up with this project.

What's been happening with you? What has made you feel grateful these last two weeks?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...