Pages

Friday 17 April 2015

Gratitude Project - 17 April 2015 - including Friday Feels!

Things I am grateful for today:

1. Family, family, family! Both sets of grandparents have been freaking amazeballs about helping out with Mac (& sometimes Warrie) during our first ever school holidays. I have no words to express my thanks, but I think (hope!) they know

2. A glass (or three!) of wine tonight. I know the standing joke is "I'm a mother, I don't get weekends", but I still enjoy my Friday night wind downs... Sure it's not the clubbing and boozy nights of my 20's, but they work for me. And I can still wake up and cope with the kids - well, most Saturday's!

3. Tight finances. I know that sounds funny, but having some slight financial worries for the last few weeks has really made me better able to focus on what is vital to our family. I'm proud to say that I've managed to cut our weekly food shop by nearly $100!! 

Onto my Friday Feels

Seeing:
I have had a couple of opportunities this week to indulge in a guilty pleasure of watching some trashy TV... Don't judge, but I love "Once Upon a Time"!

Hearing:
When I was with my brother last month (was it really last month!?!) he reminded me of how much we used to listen to Paul Simon's Graceland album as kids. I've now got in on my trusty Spotify account, and have been listening to it pretty much on repeat for the whole week. I've subjected Mac and Warrie to it too, and I think they enjoy it

Here's one of my all time favourite music videos - I loved Chevy Chase as a little girl, and this video had one of my favourite songs with one of my favourite actors; pretty sure this was my idea of perfection way back when. I hope you enjoy!



{youtube clip}

Taste:
Last weekend, I came home from my parents place with a large bag of frozen meats, included some huge and delicious spicey sausages. I made my weekly favourite of toad in the hole, and devoured a very healthy portion. So much yum!

Smell:
I have a slight obsession with food, and my next door neighbour (the Pool Neighbour) has a wonderful habit of frying off onions and garlic first time in the morning - I think she might be a home catering company, I've just not had the guts to find out... Yet! 

Touch:
We are cat-sitting a gorgeous little Burmese-esque cat; the boys are utterly entranced by her, I just love having the extra estrogen in the house! It's been a long 6-weeks, but she is finally settled (apart from her intense dislike of our big cat!), and has started sleeping on the bed with me. And as the mornings are getting cooler, I am really enjoying the soft furry cuddles that she gives.

What's your guilty viewing pleasure? What about your favourite music video? I'd love to know, so I can look them up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...