Pages

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Quote of the Day - 17 October 2018

Don't go through life, grow through life ~ Eric Butterworth

Welp, following on from yesterday, this is another apt quote for me.

I recently started a career planning course at work, and as part of the process met I with another participant today to go through some of the homework together - a great way to keep myself accountable, and actually do the work.

After quick introductions, we were soon talking about our roles, the things that drive us, and why we were doing the course. During the course of our conversation, she noted that whilst the changes were unpleasant, they were an opportunity for growth... and could also lead me towards something that I never knew I could do.

So I don't just have to "go" with the new working life that has been presented to me. I can grow through it; learn new skills, become more employable and even potentially find something that makes my work soul sing.

So thanks to a new connection I made today,  I've decided that I'm going to dive in and make the most of what has been put in front of me - wish me luck!

Did this quote resonate with you today? 
Or do you have another quote that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...