Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

Arghh F**k!

So there I was, 5am, fast asleep; trying to make up for an already distrupted night's sleep... (thanks to Little Monster believing that our bed is actually his)

When BAM!

I awoke in agony, with my leg nearly perpendicular to the bed, toes splayed wildly, and a cramp in the middle of my calf.

Needless to say, I swore like a sailor for the few minutes it took to regain control of the muscle.

Unbelieveably (well, at least to me!), when I was telling Husband about the reasons behind my broken sleep, he had very little sympathy for the cramp incident.

Instead he told me that given that the Little Monster had been in bed with us at the time, my language had been less than desirable, and that I might want to tone things down the next time I woke with a cramp....

Seriously.

Am I going to have to watch my lanuage whilst giving birth?!

I mean I get that there was a child in the room (not by my choice) and he shouldn't be subjected to some of the bluer words spouting from his mother (which by the way, he completely slept through).

But when someone is unceremoniously woken up in unexpected and breathtaking pain, instinct takes over and common sense does not always prevail...

A girlfriend at work suggest that I wake him up in the middle of the night with a swift kick to the bollocks and see if he manages not to swear.

And as I hobble around the office with a bruised calf, I can't even begin to tell you how tempting that it sounds.

Does anyone else have a Husband/Wife/Partner/Significant Other like mine - sometimes the most caring and loving person, and sometimes the most cold and unfeeling bastard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...